1.Put a Deposit down on a Whole, Half or Quarter Beef, and let us know if your require FREE freezer storage.
2. When your animal is ready to be harvested we will contact you to let you know, and book your animal in with our abattoir (Prairie Meats in Coaldale).
3. Once we get your "Wet" hanging weight we will contact you via email. This email will include all cuts of beef available, and a brief description of each cut. This is also where you will choose your "Extra Processing" items. We recommend getting your cuts selected and email back in 1-2 days. This will prevent any extra charges.
4. We Dry Age all our beef for 21 days. This provides extra flavour and tenderness.
5. Your beef will be ready approx 24 days after it was delivered to Prairie Meats (Extra Processing Orders may take extra time).
6. We will call you when your beef is ready. The Balance owing MUST be paid before you pick up your meat (or before we pick up your order for FREE storage). All meat must be pick up within 1 week of your call.
7. We can arrange delivery for a small fee. Please contact Tania at (403)647-7479 to arrange delivery.
Answering your Questions about our Bulk Beef
We use the Formula: "Wet Weight" - 46% (Shrinkage, Bones, Fat etc...) = Your Take Home Meat
A 1300 pound animal will have an approx wet weight of 780 +/- Pounds
Wet Weight 780lbs - 46% = 421 Pounds of Take Home Meat
* Because we Dry Age our beef it will yield slightly less than beef that has been wet aged, but we feel the flavour and tenderness more than makes up for the difference. *
When you order a Whole or Half Beef we will send you an email that will guide you through the ordering process. In the email you will find the recommended cuts for each of the 8 Primal Cuts of Beef (Chuck, Rib, Loin, Round, Flank, Short plate, Brisket, & Shank) as well as a brief description of each cut.